Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Eisbaer

Heavy Trooper

Hi,

i tried to play weewar on my mobile phone. But it scales the map all ways, so that i do not able to select my units. If i do take browser scale it still does not work. I like to get help from You if you are able to play on your smartphone or I will try to fix it with programming an new interface for that android platform. Is weewar still based on that API described in the wiki? Or do i do not have any chances? And would i do get in trouble with the weewar team if i program something like that?

cybernaut

Daithi

Raider

What your talking about is perfectly possible, the client API is similar to the bot API but undocumented. I can't comment on how the owners would feel about this though.

Shulgin

Tank

Eisbaer wrote:And would i do get in trouble with the weewar team if i program something like that?

Isn't that what APIs are for? I would be very surprised if the owners had a problem with what you are proposing. Just go for it

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I use remote desktop to connect to my desktop and play from there. I have an ipod touch and ipad and use Mocha's Remote Desktop and VNC apps - not sure if they are on android but it works pretty well for me.

Orabig

Trooper

Daithi wrote:What your talking about is perfectly possible, the client API is similar to the bot API but undocumented.

Hi, can you tell me more about this API. I can't find any information about it, but would love to try to do a game client for Android...

Daithi

Raider

I'd have to write something up since I haven't used most of the commands myself. It's roughly the same as the bot api but with a different request path and an additional id. If you know what your doing you could log the http packets with wireshark while taking a turn and work it out from that. I'm happy to write it up but it'll take me a while to get it together.
Although the APIis in use by the flash client, the odd greasemonkey script and is in now way hidden, I was asked not to document it on the wiki. I think it's about time it was and so this will serve as a general call to the developers that it is my intention to document it. I will proceed unless I receive a response indicating there is an issue within a reasonable time frame.

Orabig

Trooper

Daithi wrote:If you know what your doing you could log the http packets with wireshark while taking a turn and work it out from that. I'm happy to write it up but it'll take me a while to get it together.

Well, I must confess I just did it this morning, and the results where not very difficult to decode and understand... I think I will be able to realize something that could be useful.
What is missing now is the precise rules about the unit movements, but maybe I can get them if I read the game rules in details...

Thanks for your answer anyway.

thuldai

Raider

Are you going to document it somewhere?

Daithi

Raider

thuldai wrote:Are you going to document it somewhere?

Me or Orabig? There's little point in both of us doing it.

Also it's worth noting that things like game creation don't use the XML API but some crazy Wicket query syntax. I've decode a little of that but a lot of it is a mystery, all a bit hack-ish to be honest.

Daithi

Raider

And also, Orabig check out the free pro offer http://weewar.com/upgrade for more units, games and stuff.

Shulgin

Tank

i tried to play weewar on my samsung note mobile (android v2.3.6) using chrome and firefox for android. not really working with either. i can somehow move and attack but the problem is that the unit/terraine information pops up all the time and these pop-ups don't close again, so they are always in the way making playing really painful

Eisbaer

Heavy Trooper

Hi.
i am playing with my phone now. the unit information is comming often, but if i scroll in the map it is playable.
importent is that i play in full screen mode. the yellow button in the game.

i have newest flah player and dolfins hd browser at the moment on my android phone.