Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

entregreeneur

Heavy Trooper

This is my theory of Weewar Winningness

RRSSSTT - Range, Repair, Squat & Snipe, Suck, Terrain, Type

Range - Stay out of range and hit from out of range. Study Napeleon's use of artillery.

Repair - Pull back and repair, also could be Recycle freshened units back to front after pulling back damaged units for repair.

Squat and Snipe - Squat enemy bases with strong defensive units wherever possible. They expend valuable energy and strength attacking to win back the base in order to be able to build again. Also Snipe enemy bases with artillery whenever they clear you out and build new units, wherever you can protect your artillery to do that. Re-squat with full strength Trooper or Heavy Trooper if possible.

Suck - If you're under pressure, suck your enemy deeper into your territory where you can regroup and envelop.

Great example of Suck : Think Hannibal's destruction of two Roman Armies totalling around 86,000 (killing around 70,000 and dispersing around 16,000 soldiers) at Cannae with his forces numbering around 56,000. Widely cited and studied as one of the definitive winning battles of history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

Terrain - Always take a terrain advantage wherever possible, never attack from a terrain disadvantage; retreat is preferable.

Type (of units) - Always use the right type of units in the right combinations, this relates to range too... hit with a ranged unit first, or an air unit; basically hit with any unit that won't take damage from attacking, to get first gang-up bonus before committing the strongest direct assault unit available

I developed this theory while fighting back from 8 bases to 12 down on a map called PanzerGeneral. http://weewar.com/map/50824

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/03/2011 12:06:34

Casaubon

Tank

very good summary of true facts & written very well sir. should be used in the strategies wiki

Juffe

Raider

Good principles. I'd like to add some extra points to a couple, for those who don't want things too simple:
entregreeneur wrote:
Terrain - Always take a terrain advantage wherever possible, never attack from a terrain disadvantage; retreat is preferable.

Never say never, though: In some cases it may be worthwhile to attack from a terrain disadvantage. For example, if you thus weaken an enemy unit to prevent it from capturing, or from clearing your capture. Or if you are able to destroy it. Or if your unit is going to be destroyed anyway by some unavoidable artillery. Or you just need to have that hex.
entregreeneur wrote:
Type (of units) - Always use the right type of units in the right combinations, this relates to range too... hit with a ranged unit first, or an air unit; basically hit with any unit that won't take damage from attacking, to get first gang-up bonus before committing the strongest direct assault unit available.

And equally importantly, have that right combination. Watch what your enemy builds, and make sure you build effective counter measures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/03/2011 22:12:51

entregreeneur

Heavy Trooper

Thank you Juffe, you're quite correct in all you have added.

As Justin Bieber sings, "Never say Never"

I do employ the additional scenarios and subtleties you outline without thinking too much about it, so indeed, it's not Never, it's just Never unless you have a Damn Good Reason

I've moved my ranking up from 47th to 37th since I did the thinking to write this theory out, so it seems that getting clear about what is effective is assisting me in my battles.

Per Casaubon's suggestion, I have added this strategy at:

http://weewar.wikispaces.com/Strategies

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/04/2011 03:26:46

rdonaldson455

Trooper

I developed this theory while fighting back from 8 bases to 12 down on a map called PanzerGeneral. http://weewar.com/map/50824

Have you played the game "Panzer General"? - it was developed for playstation 1
One of the best games ever.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 15/04/2011 00:21:40

Weeseltown

Raider

SSI´s panzer general series was superb. I haven´t played anything comparable since then. weewar should use some of it´s gameplay elements like the tank crush.

Darkbee

Berserker

entregreeneur wrote:As Justin Bieber sings, "Never say Never"

Now I'm going to have to hunt you down and castrate you.

Good original post btw.

entregreeneur

Heavy Trooper

Whaaat, so I can sing it like Bieber too?? Lolz.