Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next

Casaubon

Tank

Weeseltown is an external fan made website collecting real country maps made in weewar, having additional informations.

Please, tell us in this thread, whether you have seen a nice unknown real country map that should be presented on Weeseltown! If you played any of the maps on Weeseltown, it would be great to know your playing experience

• was the map balanced?

• if you think the map was not fair, what color is favored on it?

• what did you like or dislike about how the map plays?

• do you have any remarks for a better version of the map?

• (you can also send reviews to email@weeseltown.info .they should not be much longer than 5-10 sentences - the review field is scrollable but not designed for too long essays.

This message was edited 20 times. Last update was at 29/04/2011 13:28:18

Shulgin

Tank

is that this viral marketing thingy people are talking about?

Casaubon

Tank

Oh yeah I forgot, it would be nice if you had played a map at least 1 time before writing a review for it..

thuldai

Raider

Sweet site, I like the style! Good ole' times...

No reviews from my side, I'm afraid (for now), I actually prefer "phantastical" maps. Still I'll keep an eye on that one.

What confused me slightly was the world-vs.-regional map split. I guess continental is not regional? So we have regional maps at first and then, when I click on the globe again, continental and global maps? Maybe that should be mentioned somewhere. At first I wasn't able to find the global maps as they're "hidden" among the continental ones (which I considered regional at first). Maybe three sections would be better: regional, continental and global. And then I'd rather associate those with different places to click on on the home screen, something like (top of my head, take with heaps of salt) the globe for global maps, map at the wall with continents of different colors for continental maps, and a pile of unorderly and wrinkly maps (not there yet) to get to the regional maps? I still like the global map to GET to the regional maps though (once one clicked on the heap of maps for example). Anyway, just my 2 unqualified cents.

Still love both the looks of it as well as agreeing on the HUGE NEED for such a map-discussion place.

One more thing: Would love the addition of weird (i.e. not based on this planet's geography) maps (e.g. accessible by clicking on file boxes, or old school computer that could be there in the corner instead of the copier, or sth like that) so that balance of frequently-played small maps etc. could be discussed. No problem though that you want to start (or stay with) reality-inspired maps.

One more really last thing: For navigation I'd prefer that after having viewed a map when I click on the red cross that'd I'd be taken back to the region- or continent-selection screen, not to be thrown all the way back to the entry point. So that the red cross is rather a "back" button, not a "all-the-way-back" button...

Sorry for rambling. Love it! Keep it up!

TD

Casaubon

Tank

thank you very much for your valuable input, I`ll take everything into consideration for changes and implement the one or other over time. first I should do something about the confusing toggle functionality of the globe. you are right people tend to not find the region mode at all.
    the current 2 groups are:
    single country mode: single countries & everything within (i.e. japan, hokaido island, tokyo city)
    world regions mode: everything that exceeds the borders of a single state is grouped within continents (i.e. Japan & Korea, The Far East, gathered in the continent ASIA), regions that are on more than one continent are summed up in "world regions mode/world & other".

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 24/02/2011 12:03:35

johnmd20

Raider

Review of Polika, Poland:

I have played this map over 10 times and it has played fantastically each time. It is a map where you can surrender bases and still win the game, because attacks and defenses come from all sides. Playing with Causabon and Jef, I had many of the best Weewar games I have ever had on this site.

I wholeheartedly recommend everyone play this map immediately, please let me know what you think.

http://weewar.com/map/49615

Casaubon

Tank

thank you very much john! currently I`m trying to get reviewers into the listing arrays of the honor roll. I`m a coding dumbass so it could take a while. I also learned that browsers mostly show a cached version of weeseltown and not the most actual one. I put a no-cache command into the site`s head tags, but it didnt help much apparently... still showing outdated versions.
    so the only workaround I can offer meanwhile until I figure out how to do it, is to advise people who visited weeseltown in the past to empty cache in their browser to display the latest version.
    in chrome you can do it in options/clear browsing data/empty the cache.
    in firefox rightclick the banner with the weasel, and choose reload.
    other browsers should have similar menu items that can empty / update your website cache.

fn0000rd

Raider

I'm pretty sure Hawaii isn't a country

Shulgin

Tank

There are (feel free to correct me on this darkbee ) a bunch of Germany maps floating around. This one is well balanced if I remember correctly
    http://weewar.com/map/45666

Njoy also made a few other versions. It’s been awhile since I played this map, so no elaborate review from me at this point. However, while this map might be balanced, it could be improved geographically. For example, why does the Rhine end all the sudden? I think it would be nice to re-work this into a 4-player map with red being the Soviet Union and the other 3 colours the allied forces.

Casaubon

Tank

fn0000rd wrote:I'm pretty sure Hawaii isn't a country

I know , I also organized single federal US states into the country selection. there will be quite a bunch of them.

@shulgin: reads like you could update the germany map by yourself, I love asymmetrical startings, they are uncommon

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 25/02/2011 15:58:07

RockyDog

Berserker

I cant get to the website. "Taking too long to respond"

Casaubon

Tank

thats weird haven`t seen this happen anywhere else before, in what browser are you getting this? the file is just about 0.5 mb

RockyDog

Berserker

works now. still takes a long time to load though.

firefox 3.6.13

Casaubon

Tank

march 9th update:
    caching issue resolved. toggle globe starts in world region mode now, can toggle to country mode and back. many new countries in both toggle modes (if you find typos or errors or anything else stupid please tell me here). new meta data on maps including teamplay information, neutral bases, player bases, player army strength (calculated in money). tooltips on icons in map files. reviewers dont need to have maps in the collection to be on the honor board now.

next update: map creating tutorial section. more interactive explanations.

bdr529

Heavy Trooper

Looks great Casa, I'll add my reviews of the couple recent maps that have been added up there... Keep up the great work, and thanks!

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next