Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

Daithi

Raider

I found myself wondering one day what my rating was a week ago, so that I could judge whether I was improving. I couldn't remember the figure and even then couldn't be sure if I was just bouncing up and down in the same area. So I needed to log my rating and make pretty graphs.

The solution was born Weewar Spy http://weewarspy.co.uk/ is my attempt to track my rating and while I was at it I included you as well.

All data is collected using the API and is collected daily.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/09/2010 21:05:49

Somar96

Tank

Great job with the stats!

Shulgin

Tank

glad to see this finally receiving a forum post well done daithi!

how often are you updating http://www.daithi.co.uk/weewar/stats/stats.php? i noticed that the hightest rating stated there (not higest ever) is 2210 but whatyousay's current rating is 2189. not sure when he lost points...

there also seems to be a small bug on the weekly winner page. above the banner saying weewar i see this

Daithi

Raider

Thanks for the information Shulgin, I have corrected both bugs.
A debug line accidentally slipped out on the winner_weekly page and there was an error in highest and lowest rating on the stats page that has only become apparent since Whatyousay's rating dropped yesterday. The stats page error has been corrected, the missing player names and the links to their profiles will be filled in later today.

The stats page should display the latest data from all sources. Most of the information is collected once daily around 00:02 BST, so most value will change between 00:02 and 01:00 depending on update times. This can be seen by refreshing the stats page at 00:03, the rating history records count will change and page refreshes there after will show the profile record count increasing a few at a time until the update is complete.
All rating history records should be updated by 00:02
All profile history records should be updated by 01:00 depending on the update duration.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/09/2010 12:17:22

Daithi

Raider

My host appears to be having problems and this is causing Service Unavailable errors until their issue is resolved. I have new hosting and am migrating everything to that soon.

Daithi

Raider

Weewar Spy is now live at http://weewarspy.co.uk/

Somar96

Tank

Thanks for putting me there I think you could also make most preferred by other people - I'm sure I wouldn't be there!

McMonster

Tank

very cool - thanks D!

thuldai

Raider

So, while I can see my own stats (and any other's), the other links don't seem to work (yesterday's/last week's winners/losers).

Is that a bug or a feature?

No worries, just in case you didn't know, now you do...

ThulDai

Daithi

Raider

It appears that you are correct that the weekly winners/losers pages aren't displaying correctly, giving a database query error, I'll look into it.

The yesterday's winners/losers pages seem to be working http://weewarspy.co.uk/losers.php and http://weewarspy.co.uk/winners.php

If you've bookmarked those pages before last night you'll get a 404, I did an update last night to shorten the urls and reorganise the page locations. Update details will be displayed on the homepage from tonight.

Regarding the page locations, future changes are still possible but I'm fairly happy with the current structure. I will put redirects from www.daithi.co.uk to weewarspy.co.uk and remove weewarspy from daithi.co.uk tonight.
I will not setup redirects on the weewar spy site to the new pages because those links are in the menu and this is all still beta. I will in future, since I don't have any short term plan to change page locations again, add a perma link facility or redirects to prevent future 404s.

When I say tonight, I mean tonight in England, translate to your own time zone.

thuldai

Raider

Yup, I can confirm that (weekly stuff doesn't currently work, rest does).

TD

EDIT: Now (Sep 21) the weekly stats show up too. Yup, takes a while but shows up. fyi

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/09/2010 06:55:56

Daithi

Raider

I'm going to take down the weekly pages, there's some problem and even when they did work the database query took over 10 seconds.

Shulgin

Tank

Daithi wrote:I'm going to take down the weekly pages, there's some problem and even when they did work the database query took over 10 seconds.

i find the weekly charts most interesting. i would really appreciate it if you would be able to retain them. by the way, the name of the highest rated player is not shown

Daithi

Raider

The weekly pages seem to be working slowing for the time being, and should continue to do so in future, with the exception of two or three days around the 15th of October. There will be the opposite end of the previous error which is all to do with the some dodgy updates around the 16th of September which is why there's two profile entries for some of those days.

I plan to improve the page loading time by a factor of lots on those two pages in the coming days, by converting the timestamp to a simple date so the query can use a table index. the result of this will be an improvement from times of 10 seconds and greater down to around 300 milliseconds.

The future problem in October that'll down those pages for approximately 2 days can be resolved by patching the out of sync data. I currently have no intention of doing so, as long as the updates continue to run correctly that problem should after October fade into blip in weewar spy history. I may address it at some later time but it's not a high priority.

At the time I said I'd remove them I was under pressure and those pages don't directly help my goals so it seemed easier to remove the feature until i could be certain it was sorted. Sadly I'm busy and don't have lots of time to work on this but please be patient.

Daithi

Raider

I've done a minor update to fix a few problems, the changes are listed.

The name of the highest rated player is now displayed on the stats page.

The weekly pages now load in a timely fashion instead of 20 seconds.

A new domain name in case of a possible name issue I invented and am exaggerating. The new address is http://weespy.co.uk/ both addresses will work for probably a year until I come to a decision.

The player page now updates profile image and text every page load so your avatars will be visible on wee spy the next refresh after you change it on weewar.com

Thanks for the patience, I'm working on the graphs and then some new features.

previous 1 2 next