Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next

McMonster

Tank

As per discussion elsewhere, http://www.weewar.com/forum/posts/list/15/1278.page#20820, Rocky Dog and myself are heretofore setting forth on the great adventure of organizing The First Wee Cup (FWC), a round robin tournament for all weewarriors.

It goes like this (unless the Doggy, or others, correct me):

Folks should indicate their interest in participating here in this thread - also the place to get updates, ask questions, voice concerns about the tourney, trash talk fellow participants, etc. We will set up a new thread listing the groups, game order, who is red and who is blue, and the game results, once the tourney begins.

This will work a lot like the real World Cup - 32 teams, 8 groups of 4, each group plays a round robin (i.e. everyone plays one game against each of the three other players in their group), and the top two players from each group, A through H, advance to the sudden death rounds = 16 players will advance, making for four sudden death rounds, including the final match. Players will be ranked in their groups after the round robin by wins. If there is a tie for one or both of the top two places in the group, results against each other will be considered, and then number of rounds it took you to WIN your games. The player with the lowest total rounds to win the games they won = the higher ranking. Make sense?

Speaking of rankings: one of the main goals here is to have a community-building tournament that mixes things up between lower and higher ranked players without having all the lower ranked players losing out after the first round of games = you are guaranteed at least three games during the round robin.

Each of the 8 groups will be made up of a mix of players with different rankings. For example, we might have each group with 1 player with a 1100-1500 ranking, another with a 1500-1650 ranking, another with a 1650-1850 ranking, and another with a 1850-2300 ranking. These are just approximations. We will make the ranking categories based on who says they want to participate on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, we reserve the right to hold places for players from certain ranking levels - i.e. you might have said you want in first, but if we are short on 1100-1500, or whatever, we may decide to prioritize them even if they say they want in later than you. We won't get extreme about this, but we will do our best to include players from all walks our wee-life.

Which map(s)? Good question. We are open to feedback on this, but in the interest of time, we figure the round robin has to be on Stirling's Aruba http://weewar.com/map/38297?showBack. The later rounds could be on another, or a mix of, maps. We are open to input and don't feel the need to decide before the FWC gets rolling.

All games will be ranked.
This is to inspire your competitive spirit and to discourage droopers (death to droppers!)

Arbitration committee:
Rocky Dog and I may be organizing, but we won't be judging disputes. We need two or three experienced and reputable (whatever that means!) weewarriors who are on frequently are NOT going to participate in the FWC. Volunteers?

Prize for the winner? Hmmmmmmmm... SQ?

Let us know if you want in. We will set a start date as soon as we can. All inquiries are most welcome.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 04/08/2010 07:00:58

Xana

Raider

Count me in.

surferninja

Trooper

Hey I'd like in on this too

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Count me in

DoMPRoMo

Heavy Trooper

you know im in

Somar96

Tank

I'm in of course as long as it doesn't start in like 4 weeks (that is until about 12 August)

andydog

Trooper

I'm in. Are we going to have goaline technology?

RockyDog

Berserker

goalline technology and instant replay. but only for me and McM.

johnmd20

Raider

IN! So very, very IN!

Warmaker

Berserker

Warmaker's in, representing North Korea. We will have our wins like our steak: Rare.

Gyver

Heavy Trooper

Did somebody say tournament?

Gyver

Heavy Trooper

Pick me

General_Death

Tank

I'm in!

RockyDog

Berserker

Current list of participants:

Xanadublue
surferninja
tygerdave
dompromo
somar96
andydog
johnmd20
gyver
general_death

@mcm - do you want to try for a slightly smaller event for the first go round or wait for 32?
there are 9 so far, could easily get to 16 quickly and get started.

McMonster

Tank

that sounds reasonable RD, but let's see how registration goes over the next 24hrs. i will do my best to try to drum up some interest from newcomers!

previous 1 2 3 4 5 next