Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Balzothor

Trooper

Anybody?

I have a win pocket pc based phone and my friend has a crackberry. I've tried the internet exploder included with the phone, Minimo, and Opera. None of them seem to be able to display the graphics correctly. Anyone been able to play weewar on a mobile device? If so, how'd ya do it? Thanks in advance.

BM5k

Raider

Weewar on the iPhone is very playable. Smaller maps work best, larger maps can be annoying (I think this is due to how Weewar displays the map). Playing over edge can be a bear, but I suspect the new 3G phone will fix that

NineFace

Trooper

I did play on my mobile once I can play the game but it very hard to play because its hard to move the mouse to the sidebars of the map.. and as I moving the bar map is getting small and smaller... so I gave up I thought if I able to play that will be cool I wanna play it when I'm on the bus lol

BTW my phone is Nokia N82

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/2008 05:53:40

BM5k

Raider

BTW I've been tagging known iPhone compatible maps on Weemap; the same could easily be done for other mobile devices/mobile in general.

fn0000rd

Raider

Hey, your site went offline. Be it dead?

I'm trying to find some *good* maps that will work on my iphone to play against a friend with a pre.

The pinch/zoom thing is perfect for WeeWar.

BM5k

Raider

Sorry, domain name troubles. I had to move it to http://weemap.bm5k.com.

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

I just thought I'd point out that the reason big maps don't display properly on this iPhone is because of how the map div is styled in the WeeWar css, it's a very simple hack that should make it work on the iPhone properly, even big maps. I'd volunteer myself to change the code to work, but since there's no way (to my knowledge) to override a stylesheet in MobileSafari it would be no use. Owell.

fn0000rd

Raider

Can you provide an example here?

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

An example of the fixed CSS?

fn0000rd

Raider

Yes

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

In CSS, set the overflow of #map to 'visible'

Ex
#map
{
[other css that's used in '#map']
overflow: visible;
}

fn0000rd

Raider

Hope is not lost, but either way we're waiting on devs:

http://greasepocket.wordpress.com/

bagster

Heavy Trooper

Do you thing it's possible to use a proxy that will do this modification on the fly?

Zyber17

Heavy Trooper

Maybe, I'm not really sure. I'll look into it a bit later.