Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Darkbee

Berserker

WeeMoreWar.com will expire tomorrow (March 14th), and I have decided not to renew it. There are a couple of reasons, the first being that my financial situation is currently not the greatest on account of moving house in the fall of last year. However, even if my financial situation were in better shape, I would still have to think twice about renewing the domain. To be quite frank the idea of WeeMoreWar was a good one, the execution was poor. Not wanting to make excuses, I didn't devote as much time to this site as I could/should have, though it was never my intention to be a one-man show. In hindsight my vision of a one-stop-shop for all things Weewar was perhaps a tad ambitious.

It's not quite the final chapter in the story of WeeMoreWar though. WeeMoreWar will live on thanks to TygerDave, who has graciously agreed to host WeeMoreWar on WeeWarTimes.com so you should all update your bookmarks to wmw.weewartimes.com.

Given that I've drastically cut back my games on Weewar (but I don't want to get into their issues in this post) I'm thinking that in order to keep in touch with Weewar I'll try to put some effort into updating the content on WeeMoreWar. No promises though as I'm pretty disillusioned with Weewar at the moment. As always, your contributions are always welcome!

I just want to end by saying a great big thanks those that helped get WMW started and those that keep coming back. I want to send out a special personal thanks Tygerdave and CaptainCupcake, your support is particularly appreciated. However, I'm grateful to all those that have expressed interest and support for WeeMoreWar. I'm not quite sure why you keep coming back but perhaps you see some potential or value in this site as I do. Thanks again for your support. See you on the other side!

P.S. It's going to take some time to get the new site up and running and things may be broken for while so bear with me! Thanks.

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi!

Good luck my friend, and don't be a stranger

DirtStyx

Tank

Sad days have indeed landed upon us. It was a great idea for what, at the time, was a wonderful game. Hopefully, we shall all meet again in another pixelated world.

bdr529

Heavy Trooper

Thanks for all of your effort with WMW, Darkbee. It's really appreciated, and really nice of tygerdave for hosting the content going forward

spadequack

Heavy Tank

indeed, thanks darkbee for making weemorewar and keeping it up for so long, and thanks tygerdave for keeping it alive on your site. don't go too far, darkbee!

ThulsaDoom

Heavy Trooper

Cheers to tha Bee! Great efforts sir, I for one enjoyed employing your site's forums on many occasions. It was a great "go to" place in the daily routine and when the real WeeWar wasn't functioning.

We may all be down for the time being, but may we never be fully out! Continued support to all those that breath new life into the game.

Doom

Shulgin

Tank

sad to see you go bee - your website is just collateral damage really
nah kidding. i have to admit i haven't been on your website for a while, but i quite enjoyed it when i was there...
i just clicked on http://wmw.weewartimes.com and this subdomain doesn't seem to exist. any hints as to when it will go online?

with all these weewar related websites going offline at the moment i was wondering whether plutosforce will be next. losing the battle simulator would be worse than losing weewar tournaments. i remember you had the battle simulator on wmw bee, but you were only linking to his website, weren't you?

Yourtime

Raider

I waiting too for your come back of wmw >_<

Darkbee

Berserker

Shulgin wrote:any hints as to when it will go online?

I'm having some trouble getting it installed at the moment. I'll get back to you.

Shulgin wrote:i remember you had the battle simulator on wmw bee, but you were only linking to his website, weren't you?

Originally I had a copy of Pluto's battle simulator hosted on WMW but this was before I had asked permission to do so. When I was finally able to get in contact with Pluto he said he didn't want me to do that, so then I simply had a link to his page instead.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Shulgin wrote:with all these weewar related websites going offline at the moment i was wondering whether plutosforce will be next. losing the battle simulator would be worse than losing weewar tournaments. i remember you had the battle simulator on wmw bee, but you were only linking to his website, weren't you?

I have Pluto's source code mostly because I was going to update it for the cruiser / new destroyer. In the event that plutosforge does go offline, I'll contact Pluto and see if he wants to continue hosting it, and if not, whether he would mind if tygerdave or I host it (I highly doubt he would mind).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/03/2010 20:49:35

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I would be more than happy to host it if it comes to that - the tournament code as well. The WeeWarTournaments.com domain is now parked and has a private registrar so no way to tell what's happening there.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

WeeMoreWar is slowly getting there, we haven't given up yet