Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Hal2000

Raider

Can the old greasemonkey scripts be easily tweaked to work with the new interface or is it a complete rewrite or not possible at all?

I'd love to see the following scripts back:

- Army Stats (SPADEQUACK)
- Team Chat (Davewasthere)
- Battle Graph/Stats
- Auto Repair

Who out there has the skills and interest/time to get these scripts up and running again?

Thanks,
Hal

tralafiti

Raider

Army Stats & Battle Graph/Stats should be possible to implement via the eliza-api http://weewar.wikispaces.com/Eliza

but this would need an ai account with an API token that would be kind of public since it would be in the script files. or, somehow the flash interface must communicate with the server, maybe we should take a look into that

but i kind of dislike the way all this goes. why do the fans of weewar always have to implement this thinks only to get broken some months later. we wanted the devs to implement a simple team chat for quite some time, they could have done this easily - instead a fan had to write some gm-script and use his own webspace for that...

Darkbee

Berserker

I don't think it will be possible to integrate the team chat script with the existing chat since it's part of the Flash interface now. You're probably going to need a whole separate chat.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

It is possible with Eliza, only if your username starts with "ai" because only those users can access Eliza. I will bug the devs about opening up parts of that api to all users, specifically who owns what units and bases.

Team chat can be done outside of the flash interface, however dave would need to find a way to figure out who is on which team for correct team chat authorization.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/01/2010 19:37:39

mawif

Heavy Trooper

The read only methods of Eliza work as long as you're authenticated:
And the gamestate XML is all you'd need, methinks. It's the commands which change gamestate that you can't send unless you're an ai_ user:
Technically, I suppose, the gamestate call isn't really part of eliza, if you go by URL alone.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 22/01/2010 23:45:34

tralafiti

Raider

spadequack wrote:It is possible with Eliza, only if your username starts with "ai" because only those users can access Eliza. I will bug the devs about opening up parts of that api to all users, specifically who owns what units and bases.

in fact that api is open for every user since the flash-interface is using it get your token via wireshark and your free to go... played a pit with it earlyer tody, works just fine. a gamestat would even be possible without a token, all the data is just one simple post-call away... but why the hell does the community always need to fix the features the devs miss to implement. and we are not talking about exotic wishes, a f*** teamchat or a count of bases is soo importend for this game. i don't know, maybe i will build something in the next days out of love to this game. btw: nice osx tool to play with apis http://ditchnet.org/httpclient/

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 23/01/2010 01:04:04

spadequack

Heavy Tank

oh, i wasn't aware you didn't need a username with ai_ to access the gamestate api. i'll look into it today and tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes.

edit: in order to access the gamestate api you have to be a participant in the game. that's a bit of a hassle.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 23/01/2010 01:22:30

tralafiti

Raider

try http://weewar.com/client/gamestate/ with data: <weewar game='gameid'></weewar>

McMonster

Tank

i don't understand why base counts and unit stats are not part of the new flash interface, but i am hoping/assuming bert and alex have a darn good reason for not integrating these functions.

if skilled folks in the community can get these tools up and running, it would be very much appreciated.

thanks kindly!

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Thanking everyone too, your Sisyphean efforts are much appreciated.

tralafiti

Raider

spadequack seems to be working on an update for the stats plugin, it is possible to use the api to get the data the scripts needs instead of scanning the html for it like he pre flash-interface.

davewasthere

Raider

Yeah, I have to do the same for my graphical stats script when I get back to the UK.

At least parsing the XML is better than parsing HTML.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/01/2010 07:42:15